Wednesday, February 10, 2010

DRESS YOUR AGE?HELL NO!


We've all seen those articles in the top fashion magazines-HOW TO DRESS YOUR AGE; with the following tips on how to dress in your 20's, 30's, 40's and beyond.Everytime I see these articles I can't help but gag a little on the rules they throw at every age group and the older you get the 'stuffier' your clothing must get.DOWN WITH THESE 'rules'I say!Of course there are some exceptions; Im not saying a 60 year old should wear the same outfits as a 16 year old; it does have to all be done with some taste and tact of course.But just because I have 'crossed over' into my 30's and am a Mom doesn't mean I am going to start raising the waistline of my jeans!I have actually found that my style has become sexier and more daring and innovative then ever before.The one thing I hate to hear when it comes to Twice Bitten is "I love your clothes; but I am too old to wear them!"I have had customers all the way from 12 years old to people in their 60's that are rocking our styles- styles that transcend to ANY age.We have a little something for everyone; as long as Twice Bitten suits your taste of course.
I adore the looks of ladies like Cyndi Lauper; Cher; Joan Jett etc. who have kept their style and kept very current and haven't sacrificed their sex appeal and their adventurous fashion nature.I just saw an interview today with Lady Gaga and Cyndi Lauper together for Viva Mac Glam; and I seriously couldn't take my eyes of Cyndi! And that says alot being beside the fashion 'IT' girl and phenomenon Lady Gaga.Cyndi was impeccable with a gorgeous black silk and lace dress suit; leather studded motorcycle gloves and massive wicked head piece that seemed to drown out Gaga's hairbow.These women give me peace and assurance, knowing that just because we age doesn't mean we have to sacrifice our personal style, flair and sex appeal!

1 comment: